- Date/Time: Friday, December 21, 2018 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
- Expected Outage: Up to 4 hours
- Updated Products:
- Access Analytics
- Access Assistant
- Access Continuum
- Access University
- Access Advisor
A New(!), Streamlined Report Dashboard
We’ve received feedback that the report dashboards can feature an overwhelming amount of data in a way that’s hard to navigate for many in AMP. To address this, we’ve created a Simple View for the Report dashboard which will be the new default view for all users.
Highlights of the Simple View include:
- An updated Report Information widget that displays only the most critical and most-used reports while including other valuable information about testing status and compliance.
- An updated Violations by Priority report that is easier to sort and filter.
- Updated Compliance Tables Reports that allow users to switch between views to analyze the test results against different standards in use by the organization.
To revert to the “Advanced” view, just select the toggle button that now appears in the upper right corner of the dashboard.
Sharing a report? The shared report email has a new look and provides recipients with key information and links to documentation to help make their first experience with AMP a great one.
Looking for Best Practices or Standards?
Select the new “Guidance” link in the left-side navigation bar.
Access University: New and Updated Courses
Access University now boasts several new and updated courses to get your 2019 training initiatives off to a good start:
- NEW! Introduction to WCAG 2.1
- Updated: Accessibility Audit Methodology
- Level Access Product Training: A new Level Access Products section has been added to train users on our software products, including courses on AMP, Access Assistant, Access Analytics, Access Alchemy, and Access University.
- Quick Start Lessons in Accessibility: Get educated quickly on important and more specific topics such as writing accessible emails, writing meaningful alternative text, and much more with our self-paced, short-form lessons. These are crafted to help students digest useful information quickly without the stress of taking a test and passing a longer course. These topics can provide students a useful head start before consuming the rest of our more in-depth courses in Access University. New lessons include:
- Quick Tips for Writing Meaningful Alt Text
- Best Practices for Creating Accessible Emails
- Writing and Reading the VPAT®
- WCAG 2.1 Overview: What You Need to Know to Ensure Compliance
- Access Engine has been updated to include a range of metadata to better help users understand why violations have been raised. For example, if a color contrast violation has been created, the color contrast ratio of the element that was flagged will now be displayed with the violation.
- The “Domains” menu in Access Analytics has been updated so organizations can organize domains into groups and choose to hide certain groups of domains. For example, users can categorize domains as “Production”, “Development”, or “QA” then select the visibility of these groups of domains from the menu.
- Access Advisor is now hosted on a new platform with an improved look and feel.