Title II of the ADA establishes specific accessibility requirements for State and local government agencies and protects people with disabilities from discrimination in State and locally run programs and services. Since the ADA was signed into law in 1990, much has changed in the way the government disseminates information and offers services to citizens. The Supplemental Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (SANPRM) for Title II of the ADA released in Summer 2016 specifies accessibility standards for State and local government websites and mobile applications.
Download this whitepaper to learn:
- Why updates to Title II of the ADA are necessary
- What the timing of the legislation will look like
- Which technical standards will be used to determine compliance
- What exceptions would be carved out in the law
- What you can do to make your voice heard by lawmakers