Over the last 20 years, litigation in the area of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as applied to the Internet has drastically increased. The U.S. Department of Justice has stepped up enforcement of the ADA as it applies to web accessibility and is actively pursuing litigation against businesses with websites that are not accessible to their customers with disabilities. Whether you’ve received a demand letter or simply worry you may be at risk, figuring out what to do next can be overwhelming.
This guide, developed specifically for the banking industry, features insights on the current legal climate, risks for financial institutions, and guidance on crafting a win-win ADA settlement agreement.
Download it now to learn:
- Why there’s been an uptick in legal action against financial institutions
- Which financial institutions have been targeted in the last decade
- The best way to protect yourself from “drive-by” lawsuits
- Five tips for crafting a compliance timeline that won’t kill your budget or your engineering team
- Language to use—and avoid—in settlement agreements
Level Access is an American Bankers Association Endorsed Solutions provider of ADA Compliance Solutions for Web and Mobile Accessibility. Level Access works with financial institutions of all sizes to protect them from the legal risks associated with digital accessibility and litigation under the ADA.
Published 2 years ago