On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9pm EDT, we will be upgrading AMP, Access Assistant, Access Engine and Access Continuum. You can expect an outage of up to 4 hours at that time.
Highlights of this release include:
Enhanced Security Features for Enterprise AMP Customers
New features have been introduced for Enterprise AMP customers to increase security of their AMP instances:
- Sensitive Data Suppression: Automated testing features in AMP, Access Assistant and Access Continuum could potentially capture sensitive data if such data exists on an element that is flagged for an accessibility violation. Enterprise customers now have the option to enable a “Sensitive Data Suppression” feature for their AMP instance, which will prevent all Level Access testing products from:
- Capturing screenshots of screens or specific elements
- Allowing file uploads for modules or reports
- Capturing HTML of elements with accessibility violations — instead the CSS Selector will be captured for the element
- Stronger Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Support: Until recently, MFA was available for Enterprise AMP customers, but only with the option of email as a second factor. The MFA feature in AMP has been updated to allow use of an authenticator app that supports time-based code generation (TOTP), like Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator, to further secure login access.
- Disable Inactive Accounts: Enterprise AMP customers may now enable a feature that disables accounts with no activity after a configurable period of time.
- Password Reset Cooldown Period: Enterprise AMP customers may now require a configurable cooldown period between password resets. When enabled, if a user resets their password, they may not reset it again until the cooldown period has passed.
To have any of these features enabled for your AMP instance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Engine Tests
A number of Access Engine tests have been updated and some new tests have been added. Review the Detailed Release Notes for a more detailed list of updates.
For more information about specific updates in this release, review the Detailed Release Notes.