Original Presentation Date: May 19, 2021
We all find ourselves in situations from time to time when we don’t know what to say or do. Sometimes those situations involve interacting with a person with a disability. You might wonder:
- Whether or not it’s okay to offer assistance (and the best way to do that)
- If there are certain words or phrases you should avoid using
- How to ask questions so they don’t come out sounding offensive (and if it’s okay to ask them at all)
Disability awareness and an understanding of proper etiquette is a great place to start!
In this session you’ll learn about:
- Types of disabilities and the unique barriers people may face
- What disability is and is not
- Common courtesies and language tips
- Etiquette pointers for specific disabilities and situations
Learn how to appropriately and effectively engage with your colleagues, customers, and others in the community with disabilities.