What is the bare minimum I need to know about WCAG?
- The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, or WCAG, are part of a series of web accessibility guidelines published by the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium, the main international standards organization for the Internet.
- The guidelines provide a set of technical requirements for making your website, app or other digital properties accessible to people with various disability types.
- There are three versions of WCAG—1.0, 2.0 (replaced 1.0), and 2.1—and the release of 2.2 is expected in November 2020.
- WCAG has 3 levels of conformance:
- Level A is the minimum level;
- Level AA includes all Level A and AA requirements; and
- Level AAA includes all Level A, AA, and AAA requirements.
- Most ADA web accessibility settlements require the defendant to achieve compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA.
Chat with a WCAG Compliance Specialist
We’d love the opportunity to answer your questions, provide additional resources, or run a free compliance check on your site. Please complete this form and we’ll be in touch!
* Indicates a required field