Create a thorough, accurate VPAT for your technology
Download this guide to learn more about:
- How to develop an accessibility conformance report with the VPAT 2 format
- Accessibility standards covered by VPAT 2
- How to use VPAT 2 with different product types
- Practical tips for creating VPATs
- The history of the VPAT format
What’s the difference between VPAT 2 and the original VPAT?
The VPAT format was first developed in 2001 as a way for organizations to document conformance to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Since then, technology vendors and manufacturers have faced growing pressure to conform to multiple accessibility standards—including, but not limited to, Section 508. VPAT 2, which was released in 2019, reflects a 2017 update to Section 508 and supports the documentation of conformance to other commonly cited standards such as WCAG 2.1 and EN 301 549.