Webinar: A Starting Guide to Disability Awareness and Etiquette
We all find ourselves in situations from time to time when we don’t know what to say or do. Sometimes those situations involve interacting with a person with a disability. You might wonder:
- Whether or not it’s okay to offer assistance (and the best way to do that)
- If there are certain words or phrases you should avoid using
- How to ask questions so they don’t come out sounding offensive (and if it’s okay to ask them at all)
Disability awareness and an understanding of proper etiquette is a great place to start!
In this session you’ll learn about:
- Types of disabilities and the unique barriers people may face
- What disability is and is not
- Common courtesies and language tips
- Etiquette pointers for specific disabilities and situations
Learn how to appropriately and effectively engage with your colleagues, customers, and others in the community with disabilities.
Trusted by hundreds of the world's leading brands