As the demand for accessible technology grows, so does the demand for product manufacturers and vendors to formally document their product’s or service’s conformance with accessibility standards. A VPAT is often a procurement requirement, but even when it’s not, having a well written VPAT can be a compelling competitive differentiator for vendors who want to show potential buyers that they’re actively evaluating and building accessibility into the products and services they deliver.
In this Webinars, Chief Accessibility Officer Jon Avila shares:
- An overview of the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) format
- Accessibility standards covered and relation to international regulations
- Creating an accessibility conformance report using the VPAT 2 format
- How to use the VPAT 2 with different product types
- Best practices for maintaining and updating your VPAT annually
- The benefits of having a 3rd party create your VPAT vs. doing it in house